Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The ultimate blogger

I enjoy blogging, I really do. I enjoy the entire process of sharing my views with world, interacting with readers and other blogger through comments, polls and so on. You could even say I am somewhat obsessed with discussion boards and blogging. But I would never dream of going this far: Big Brother style. Yes, if you surf to sites like justin.tv or read the article posted at the bottom of this blog post, you will know what I am talking about.

These people have no privacy left. Every second of their lives are recorded and viewable by anyone online. They build their own fanbase, interact with viewers via chat and go so far that they even wander the streets with a camera on their heads filming everything they see and do. They have given up privacy.

The greatest star of 'the real reality tv'? The beautiful 23 year old Justine Ezarik, thanks to her good looks and sawyness. She is just one of several internet celebrities that came into existence because of this new medium. And just like real stars she has fans...and just like Hollywood stars she is also being harrassed:

"One person called 911 with a false report of a stabbing at Justin's apartment. Police burst in with guns drawn — and it could all be seen online"

It sure has its nasty side apparently.

I have respect for people that are willing to entertain people this way and have some fun doing it as well. But I will stick to ordinary blogging thank you...( ok, and watching other cams)

The real reality tv: a must read!

1 comment:

Smojo said...

It is really a crazy thing to do when you think about it. Broadcasting every single thing you do and being constantly hounded to do something interesting.